+234 703 0678 066 Plot 25, Oladipo Diya Way, Apo-Gudu, Abuja
  • According to the U.S. Department of state, Nigeria is a source, transit and destination country for children subjected to trafficking in persons including forced labor and forced prostitution.
  • An average Nigerian thinks trafficking involves movement across international borders neglecting the operations of traffickers to a large extent within the country’s borders.
  • Traditional charms (juju) is used to threaten victims and hinders them from reporting their abductors and molesters to the law.
  • There is little or no statistical data of Nigerians being trafficked due to the secrecy of this crime.
  • According to Walk Free Foundations research, Nigeria is 4th in the world on list of countries with enslaved people out of 162 countries researched. The order goes from India to China to Pakistan and Nigeria.
  • Agencies such as NAPTIP, DEVATOP, NACTAL are part of the Nigeria organizations fighting against human trafficking in Nigeria and Hope for All Nations joins the fight.
  • According to UNICEF, trafficking is for the purpose of domestic servitude, prostitution and other forms of exploitative labor and is a widespread phenomenon in Nigeria.
  • Traffickers target homeless youths because it is easier to take them from the streets since people will hardly notice they are gone.
  • Illegal organ harvesters abduct and harvest organs from victims to sell on the black market.
  • 50% of trafficked victims are less than 16 years of age.
  • 54% of recruiters are strangers to the victims while the remaining 46% are known to the victims.
  • Traffickers target Internally Displaced Persons (IDP’s) camps to abduct their victims.
  • Baby factories abduct young girls and use them for mass production of babies to be sold to buyers and ritual killers.
  • The rise in poverty, hunger, deprivation, insurgence and other humanitarian crises in Nigeria have many many children susceptible to the menace of trafficking and exploitation